Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Another One Bites the Dust!


Chief: Final Shot 09-10 from Haley Monson on Vimeo.

Hello All! Last week we finished another scene! We have decided to try to get two shots done a week and Chris drew up a pretty nifty production calendar that I'm not sure I fully understand but it's all about learning right?

In this scene we are introduced to the chief of Kepuhi. I really wanted to complete the scene this week because it is short and Mee and I did not have a lot of time this weekend.


As I was staring at this storyboard, I realized I had no idea how we were going to make the sand dissipate. In post production, a cross fade would have sufficed but that's really not the point of this exploration. I tried to make lines come off of the chief but nothing was really working for me so I just tried to run my fingers through the sand which proved equally disastrous. 

While Mee Choe was animating the final cut of his staff raised I realized we were approaching shot 10 in timing and I asked her what she thought of us blowing on the sand. We tried to find a way to test it but were already in on the shot so we decided to wing it! I do not advise this as mentioned in my last post, if you screw up a frame in one scene you've ruined your entire sand shot. But Mee was game so I was too! And the blowing on the sand effect came out really fabulous! We just had to be careful about not laughing at each other because it looks really ridiculous blowing sand around on a light table...


-Haley


No comments:

Post a Comment