Saturday, March 21, 2015

Time Keeps on Slippin'


Kepuhi Sequence 03 from Haley Monson on Vimeo.

Today kind of felt like an off day but I'm hoping we can still use the footage I animated. Even my waves felt out of place but I think this was partially due to my plastic fork breaking- meaning it's time for a post about tools!

Although you can animate almost everything in sand with your hands, sometimes it helps to have tools to make patterns, textures, and achieve a certain aesthetic. For example, the waves are always created with a plastic fork. I used a metal one today because my plastic fork broke. The only problem with this is that plastic forks allow more pressure sensitivity, as odd as that sounds, so the waves weren't what I was looking for. 

Also, I always make sure I have a cup on hand because then you can just add/subtract sand off the light-table in a very efficient way.

Other good tools I used a lot when I was beginning were toothpicks, plastic spoons, and plastic knives. 


We have about a month left so I'm hoping we can get more studio time to finish up in the coming weekends. We have 14 shots done which sounds iffy but I think we can do it!

Have a good weekend!
-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment